Marketing Icon Animation Example
Shown above is an example of an marketing icon GIF. Marketing icons can be placed on websites, email campaigns and more to help direct users where they need to be.
What Is a Marketing Icon?
A marketing icon is any kind of graphical representation that is used to identify a company or product in advertising and other forms of marketing communications. Marketing icons can be logos, symbols, characters, or even simple shapes. They are often used in conjunction with other elements, such as text or slogans, to create a more memorable and effective message.
Social Media Marketing Icons
If you’re like most businesses these days, social media will be a large portion of your online visibility. Social media marketing is now popular on many platforms, two of these giants include Facebook, Instragram and Twitter.
One of the great things about all three of these giants is the fact that your animated content is automatically played upon viewing. Instagram goes a step further and will automatically loop the video animations. This is particularly helpful when incorporating animated messages and fun icons into your strategy.
Marketing Icon Guidelines
When creating a marketing icon, there are a few guidelines you should keep in mind:
1. Keep it simple: The best icons are simple in design and easy to understand. Avoid using too many colors or intricate details that can be confusing or difficult to reproduce.
2. Make it memorable: An icon should be easy to remember so that it can be quickly recognized by your target audience. Use shapes, colors, and symbols that are associated with your brand and will be easily remembered.
3. Consider its context: An icon will be used in many different contexts, so it’s important to consider how it will be seen by your audience. Will it be used on a website, in a print ad, or on a mobile app? Make sure the icon is legible and recognizable in all of these contexts.
4. Use branding guidelines: If you have established branding guidelines for your company, make sure the icon meets these standards. This includes using the correct colors, fonts, and overall style.
5. Test it out: Before finalizing your icon, test it out in a variety of contexts to make sure it works well. Try different sizes, colors, and backgrounds to see how it looks. Ask people for their feedback to get an idea of whether or not the icon is effective.
Sales and Marketing Icon GIFs
Another popular type of animation for marketing icons and infographics are within the sales industry. Animated graphs and marketing reports are becoming the latest way to showcase progress over time.
Perhaps it’s a sales report trend, or you want to showcase your marketing data (Google Analytics), animated icons and dashboard animations can be exported in video and GIF format.
Email Marketing GIFs
Marketing Icon Formats
Depending where you ‘ll be using your marketing icon, the format you’ll need will vary. For print materials, you’ll need a vector file format like .eps or .ai. These files can be resized without losing quality, so they’re perfect for things like business cards, flyers, and posters.
If you’ll be using your icon on the web, you’ll need a web-friendly file format like .jpg, .png, .gif, or Lottie. These formats are smaller in size and can be displayed on a variety of devices without losing quality.
Digital Marketing Icons
Icons, both static and animated, are quite often used in digital marketing campaigns. They can be used in a variety of ways to engage the audience, build brand recognition, and ultimately drive conversions.
The key is to not overdo it with the number of icons used and to use them in a way that makes sense for the particular campaign. For example, an icon might be used to:
Digital marketing icons can be used on websites, in email campaigns, on social media, and in paid advertising. They can be used to catch the attention of the reader and to quickly convey a message without using a lot of text.